when you know of the currency note being fake, the process of exchanging is no easy a process and involves a lot of investigation. And in a case you happen to come across one of these fake notes, you need to report it at the nearby RBI headquarters or police station.
To note and know the authenticity of the Rs. 2000 bank note you possess or happens to come to you, you need to give heed to the following features present in the authentic Rs. 2000 note:
In its obverse front, you need to make sure that the bank note has these features-
1. See through the currency to note the numeral 2000
2. Numeral 2000 in devnagari script
3. Latent image highlighting the 2000 numeral which signifies the bank note denomination
4. Note should bear at the centre the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi
5. On the left side, bank note features ‘2000’ and ‘RBI’ in micro letters
6. Towards the right, the note has the governor’s signature, guarantee clause as well as promise clause and RBI emblem.
7. On the right Ashoka pillar emblem and the rightMahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (2000) watermarks.
8. Numeral 2000 in colour changing ink in green and blue colour on the bottom right.
9. Windowed security threat that bears the inscriptions of RBI, 2000 and ‘भारत’ and colour shift. The thread changes in colour as and when the note is tilted from green to blue.
10. On the right, Horizontal rectangle with ₹2000 in raised print
11. On both the sides, Rs. 2000 bank currency notes features in raised print 7 angular bleed lines.
12. Numeral growing on the bottom right and top left side from small to large.
For visually impaired Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines and identity mark.
Source : yahoo