IRCTC or Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, which handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian Railways, offers the facility of changing the name on a passenger’s e-ticket. In order to avail this facility, customers need to approach the nearest railway reservation office with a print out of the ‘Electronic Reservation Slip’ and the original photo identity proof of one of the passengers travelling in the ticket. Passengers need to visit the railways office at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train as per extant Railway rules, according to IRCTC’s official website — irctc.co.in. However, such request can be granted only once.
5 things to know about changing passenger’s name in IRCTC e-ticket:
1. The railways reservation offices can change a passenger’s name against a request from the passenger, as per the existing railway rules applicable to tickets booked through railways counters.
2. The passenger is required to make a request for name change in e-ticket in writing 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train to the nearest railway reservation office, said IRCTC.
3. The railway e-ticket can also be transferred to another member of the passenger’s family – father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband and wife.
4. The passenger should bring the ‘electronic reservation slip print out along with a photo identity card, in original, and a proof for blood relation with the new passenger.
5. IRCTC also allows a passenger who is a government servant proceeding on duty and appropriate authority, to make a request for change in passenger’s name, in writing, 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train.